Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 3 - Spreadsheets

Microsoft Excel is a very powerful program that not many people truly know how to use well. I believe that MS Excel would be extremely beneficial to the Chilly Sheets brand and by using MS Excel, my company would be able to track finances and all purchases made of the product.

MS Excel provides many great features, for example, users can make formulas to help them find when they are below or above budget. With my Chilly Sheets I am sure that I will be spending a lot of money to manufacture them. MS Excel will allow me to track how much money I am spending during the design phase of the process. If I have spent too much money, I will tell the formula to show me "Overdrawn" and change to the color red so I know that I cannot spend any more money. If I am in good financial standing, the formula will say "Finances OK" and the box will be green. These formulas are very simple to make on Excel and the colors feature is a great indicator for the person who is viewing the spreadsheet.

Finally, I will use MS Excel to track how many purchases have been made and subtract that from the total Chilly Sheets sets that were made. I will be able to easily see whenever I need to have more sheets produced. I can also keep track of how many sets of sheets have been sold. There are many ways to use MS Excel to benefit my invention, especially from the business and financial point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment